Thursday, December 2, 2010

Shakin in my boots

Literally shakin in my boots...that's what happened this afternoon. There are two reasons why this happened...the first reason being it is sooo stinkin cold in my apartment. I guess I am just not as tough as I made myself be last year when it got down to 48 in my apartment. It was 60 when I got home today and I broke down and turned the heater on. The second reason that had me shakin in my boots was that I was startled. Why?!? After I turned my heater on, the smoke detector started chirping loudly and freaked me out. Imagine a deer in headlights look while running around in circles like a chicken with its head cut off. It scared me and all I could do was basically run in place. That is one thing that has freaked me out more than anything since I have been living alone. I can watch Criminal Minds or scary movies and it not phase me, but once that smoke alarm starts going off, I am freaked out.
Oh, on the note of being scared...when I lived at home, my room was in the basement, on the opposite side of the house, so no one could ever hear me. Well, this one particular time, I was home alone. My entire family was at the cabin and I was coaching the next morning so I had stayed home. Around 1 AM, I hear a VERY loud banging on my bedroom window...if you know where my parents live, it is kind of woodsy. So, this loud banging noise came along with my name being yelled...I jumped out of bed like a scared cat and screamed at the scary person. It was Adam...he didn't want to scare me if he came in the house and the alarm went off, so he banged on my window instead. I can still feel that fear thru my bones when I think about it...but it is also very funny.
Anyway, enough of this...I need to write a research paper for school, and need to focus.
Until my next story...

No comments: