Wednesday, December 22, 2010

This may start a fire...

I probably should not even post on this, but I am going to do it anyway.

First off, I would like to say, I love everyone, no matter what your choice in life may be and on whom you love, I love you because Jesus loves you. Do I necessarily agree with certain lifestyles, no, but who am I to judge?

So, here is where I stand on the "Don't ask don't tell" ban being lifted. I don't think this should have been lifted...maybe turned in a different direction. Sure, people want to be themselves and don't want to have to hide who they are...so since being gay in the military is being lifted, why don't we allow all the men and women to shower together? I say this because I remember Adam telling me about boot camp and I remember seeing the big shower area that was used by alot of guys at the same time. With that said, if you know that your military buddy is gay, how uncomfortable would that make you having to shower together daily? I just don't see the point of seperating the men from the women if we are going to allow those who like the same sex to shower with the ones they like. I am not saying that being gay should mean you shouldn't be in the military. By all means, if you are willing and able to serve our country, thank you. I honor you for doing that. I just don't think its right to be able to platform that particular lifestlye when you basically live on top of each other in the military. Shouldn't our focus be on keeping America safe and not if John is checking Joe out? Let's keep our personal lives personal and stay focused on what really matters.

I have a little more to add...Obama isn't serving in the military, most of the guys that are signing this bill aren't serving in the military. If they did serve, it was when the lid was kept on this issue. And I am pretty sure most of them aren't gay.

The only thing I have taken away from what Obama said this morning was, "I say to all Americans, gay or straight, who want nothing more than to defend this country in uniform, your country needs you, your country wants you, and we will be honored to welcome you into the ranks of the finest military the world has ever known." I agree. Everyone is welcome to serve, but as I stated before, let's keep our personal lives personal.

Watch out America...this is repeal is going to cause trouble. BIG trouble.

No comments: