Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sweet time.

Today was beautiful. The breeze was nippy. There was about 7" of snow covering the ground. Everything was white. It was wonderful. I have spent most of the day just lounging around. It has been quite wonderful, although, I did miss being with my sweet church family this morning. I slept in, and that was much needed. After being up about 30 minutes, I began to work on my devotion. 3 hours later...I finished up. Let me just tell you what a sweet time it was. I just wanted to keep reading and writing. I was soaking up every second of my sweet time with Jesus. I can say that my love for Jesus just deepened even more. He is teaching me and showing me new things everyday. I have been studying the life of David the past 9 weeks...1 more week of this study...and let me just tell you, if you have not studied in depth the life of David and the books of 1 and 2 Samuel, I encourage you to get the Beth Moore study of David. It will knock you off your feet with all the information you learn in 10 weeks about the life of this man after God's own heart and how his life is a forshadow of the life of Jesus. Since there is only 1 more week of this study, I am already beginning to look ahead to the new adventure we will go on and what we will study. I am excited and looking forward to the lessons and information I will learn, along with the other gals that are on the adventure with me. I am so blessed to have friends who want their lives to reflect Jesus and want to honor Him with their lives.
If you want to join us in our new study, let me know!! We don't meet up all the time, but we do keep each other accountable. So, if you are reading this from afar...or just want to know someone else that is studying the same thing as yourself, let me know. I would love to have more women who have the same desires of following Jesus to join in on this amazing journey!

No comments: