Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Friendship

First I would like to say YO! Hope your Tuesday is going dandily(is that a word?)!! My brain is currently fried and I needed to take a wee break from the world of marble and decided that blogging would be a great way to get out things that are currently stuffing my brain to its brim. Anywho, let me just begin by saying that I am so blessed with some pretty amazing frienships. We are currently going to the life of David at church, and I am also going thru a David study with some dear friends of mine. As I said yesterday, it is so cool to see how the life and happenings of David really parallel with the life of Jesus. Onto what I want to discuss today...friendship. On Sunday, one of our pastors talked about the friendship between Jonathan and David. Wow, what a friendship. Jonathan, so selfless, he knew that if David was around, the kingdom would never be his, but he loved David with a selfless love. His relationship was not passive, it was deep. My desire is to be like Jonathan. I jestfully told some of my friends the other night that they could be Jonathan and I would be David and they could give me their cloak and shield and warn me and seek me out, but the truth is, I want to be Jonathan. I want to be that friend who, no matter what, is there in the good times and the bad, in sickness and in health...yeah, I know that sounded like marriage vows...a covenant between two, and that is how friendship should be as well. Not necessarly just between 2, but a covenant. We will be there for each other to hold each other accountable, to encourage, to pray for, to just do life with. I want friendships that are not just surface, but friendships where we know each other and help each other. I can say that I have been blessed with many deep friendships that I know will last forever. Friendships where we hold each other to God's standards and lift each other up, but are honest when it is hard. ONe of my close friends even told me I couldn't pass as a teenager anymore because my face was mature...that is a close friend...she so could have lied and told me that I was just as young looking as the day I got my senior pictures taken.
I hope that you are molding friendships into your life that point you to the Lord.
To all my dear friends, you know who you are, I love you all so much and I am thankful for our relationship and how it is centered on knowing our Maker better.

No comments: