Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankfulness...my parents

What do you get when you mix a Danny and a Diane? A pretty great family! I am so thankful that my parents tied the knot all those years ago...little did they know what they would produce. 31 years later, 4 kids, 5 grandkids, and alot of memories later, my parents are still going strong. I am so thankful for their example of a godly marriage, and their service to each other. My parents are the perfect team. They both make each other stronger. Like my good friend Rocky Balboa once said..."I've got gaps and she's got gaps...we fill each others gaps" My parents are like that and God is the glue that makes the gaps stick.
When I think of my dad, I think of an extremely giving man. He does so much and never expects anything in return. He is an example of a true giver. I want to marry a man who has a heart like my dad...still looking...haha
My mom is such a sweet spirit. She is very knowing...whatever she is reading, she studies and knows it backwards and forwards. She is a researcher, and I love that about her. My mom is also a giver...she is such a great example of the wife and mother I want to be one day :)
Mom and Dad, I am so thankful for ya'll. You both mean the world to me. You have taught me so much and are still teaching me everyday! Thanks for all you do for me and for our family. Ya'll rock!

*I would like to add that I am also thankful for all the spankings that I got. They have made for good stories...and lessons learned. :)


No comments: