Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankfulness

Exactly 1 week until Thanksgiving Day. A day that I look forward to every year. A day when pretty much most of my whole family is together. A day that is crazy fun... Cox style. I know no other way to have Thanksgiving than to have fun... whether the boys are running across the backyard dodging paintballs, shootings bows, playing capture that flag, wrestling, or just sitting around with our pants unbuttoned from all the amazing deliciousness we just consumed...and reminiscing on all the stuff from our childhood. So, in honor of 1 week before thanksgiving, I want to post each day with something I am thankful for...this will definitely not cover everything, as I am thankful for a multitude of things, but it will just be a little piece of me :)
#1 I will start will 2 very important people in my life...Granny and PawPaw. I am so thankful and so blessed to have them in my life. Let's start with Granny, one of the most amazing women I know. She has a beautiful voice, a sweet heart, and she really has a gift with her hands...playing the piano or organ, or sewing beautiful quilts (I am sitting snugly under mine as I type this). She means the world to me. Whenever Bachelor, Big Brother, Survivor, or Amazing Race are on TV, she and I are always chatting about them. I know that I can always talk to my Granny about anything...and she will always make me laugh...I like to think I get my silly personality form her :) Next up...my PawPaw. If there was ever a man that made me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world, it is my PawPaw. He is a man of great honor. He loves his country, which has instilled in me a passionate love for my country. My PawPaw loves Fox news...I always wondered why he watched it so much and so I began to watch it...there are alot of pretty blonde ladies on there...I know his secret :) They have been married for over 50 years. They have 3 strapping sons, 11 grandchildren, and 5 soon to be 6 great grandchildren. I know that my entire family would agree with me that Sylvia and James Cox are two extremely special people who hold very dear places in our hearts.
Granny and PawPaw, I love you both very much and am so thankful that I have you for grandparents. Thanks for always looking out for me and having my best interests at heart. I know that you both really look forward to the day that I finally get married...haha...it will happen...one day :)
Now to leave you with a picture of my sweet sweet Granny and PawPaw...





No comments: