Friday, November 19, 2010

#2 Thankfulness- my marine


As I mentioned yesterday, my PawPaw helped to give me a love for my country. Today I want to share that I am thankful for the men and women who serve our country. I am grateful to all of them, but I want to mention 1 name. Adam. My younger brother. Adam joined the Marine Corp after he graduated high school in 2007. He has served overseas, and is not serving stateside. Being the sister of a marine, I know that it is not an easy life. Adam has been demanded to do many things that I am glad I will never have to do. That is where my highest respect comes in. Adam answered his call to serve and went. He has served with great honor, and I am extremely proud of him. I am very glad that he is home for Thanksgiving...I have only spent 1 Thanksgiving without him...while he was in Afghanistan...and I am very thankful that he is here with us. Adam, I love you more than you know. You are such a strong and valiant man. You are not only a man of strength, but a man of tenderness. Thank you for your service to this country. You are my hero, and I even tho you are my younger brother, I look up to you in many ways!

No comments: