Monday, November 29, 2010

Monica

Funny title? Well, let me give a little explanation as to why I have titled this post "Monica". In the past year I have gotten into the show Friends. Yes, I know that I am a little late on this. I discovered that when I get home from work a couple episodes come on, and if I am a night owl I can catch the ones around midnight...anyway, back to the title. Monica is the clean freak, the one who always puts a coaster under someones glass and has a particular order to things. No, I am not to the Monica extreme, but I do relate to her when it comes to a coaster and a particular order. I have things the way I like them and I know exactly where everything is. As for using a coaster, if you ever come to my apartment, please do not take offense if I put a coaster under your perspiring drink as I do not want rings on my furniture. Trust me, if you paid for it, you would not want rings either :) haha.
This module of school is rounding the bend. I have 3 weeks left and then a long break. I am looking forward to the break. I want to reread one of the books I have been studying for school and just rest my brain. I can't believe that come June I will have my associates. It has really flown by. Thankfully. 5 classes to go!!!!
I have really been studying some awesome stuff in the life of dear ole David. So many parallels to the life of Christ. WOW oh WOW. I just want to share a couple of quotes from the Beth Moore study of David...which I recommend that you start like yesterday..."God can entrust a vision or idea to us that may be ours to pray about and prepare for, but not participate in directly" I thought this was cool It was referring to 2 Samuel 7 when David wants to build a house for the ark of God, but God had a different idea in mind. David had the vision and idea and prepared for it, but it was his son that made the house in the end. Pretty cool how the Lord works.
The quote I want to leave you with is another from the Beth Moore study. A friend reminded me of this yesterday as an encouragement."Somtimes we stand to learn the most about God form the situations we understand the least" Hope that gives you a sense of peace as it did for me knowing that even thought I may not understand my current situation, I can learn the most about God and from Him. I like His lessons...He is the best teacher and I long to be a woman after His heart.

No comments: