Saturday, January 23, 2010

worry.

guilty as charged. i am a worry wart sometimes. I know that I shouldn't worry, but sometimes, I just can't help it. Matthew 6:34 "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today" Wow, this verse is soooo true. Sometimes I will look ahead and worry about how I am going to make it, when what I need to do is just focus on today. One day at a time. It's okay to look ahead and prepare, but I need to focus on what is at hand and not what could be in the future.
At church tonight, we were challenged to give up one thing we worry about. i did. i am no longer going to be a worry wart, and am just going to live one day at a time. I know that with God's help, I will no longer be a worrier. why worry about tomorrow??? tomorrow will have its own set of worries, focus on the time at hand. focus on the Lord.

No comments: