Tuesday, January 19, 2010

competitive.

when you are a cox, the competitive gene just flows naturally. from sports, to drive times, to getting your work done first...it's always a game. well, maybe just to me in some areas...anyway, when it comes to sports i don't like to lose...AT ALL. if i don't show the anger and unhappiness on the outside, i can guarantee you, if i lost, i am mad. not at the other people, but at myself, cuz i hate losing. i coach soccer...elementary girls...i like to win. if my team didn't win, my family knows i might not be in the most chipper mood after the game. not because the girls may not have played well, but i beat myself up for not being a better coach to teach them to win. it has been a while since i have played on a team...sunday was the first time in a while that i have played on a team. you see, i am on a dodge ball team. i will admit, i was pretty nervous before our game on sunday, but when i got to the gym, my blood starting pumping...my heart was racing, and i felt like the hulk bursting forth with so much adrenaline. i was no longer nervous, but ready to win. no matter what, i didn't want to walk away from that gym with a loss...we won the 1st 2 games...lost the next 3..and then won the last 2. pulling out the big W by 1 game. yes, it was close, but we won. end of story.
my competitive side is very strong. when adam and i were in youth group, we would always play on the same team because we knew, no matter what game we were playing, that our team was gunna win. it would have been to good of a match if we went against each other, so we would join forces and dominate. i am not embarrassed by my nature. i am proud of it. i like to make games out of nothing...it is a push for me...i even compete with myself. if it took me 20 minutes to get to work one day, the next day i would want to make it under that. not exceeding the speed limit too much though ;) even getting ready in the morning is a competition. if i sleep 15 more minutes, can i be out the door at the same time as usual or maybe earlier...it never ends. one more example...when i am making my coffee, i go to the bathroom, wash my hands and still have seconds to spare...quick and efficient. haha

1 comment:

I love sharpies. said...

I'll second that!! (Travis thinks I'm crazy.)