Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Heart

I am sitting in my apartment watching the brave and noble William Wallace be tortured while the townsfolk scream out mercy. Such an amazing scene when William does not scream out mercy, but freedom. "Everyman dies. Not everyman really lives." This is true. We will all die, but some of us do not really live. What does it mean to really live? I am sure many different people can give many different answers to that question, but to really live is to have lived a life that honored Christ. To have a personal relationship with Him, and to obey, trust, and honor the One True God.
We are the 2nd week of a 12 week sermon series...and let me just tell you...WOW. I started having heart stirs about 4 weeks ago when we had a 3 week series called Serve. So many things going thru my mind...and my heart. Today, as pastor was talking he was talking about things that give you stress and anxiety, things that consume you...I had pinpointed one thing in particular, and then he made the point that those are the smoke to the pile of the thing that is our idol. Wow, heart stabber. I had not recognized that I was idolizing this thing in particular. It is something that has been bothering me and stressing me a bit, and as soon as I recognized it as an idol, I just said to myself, "ash, let go and let God." That is what I am doing. It is in His hands. Yes, I know I will most likely think on this, and I am sure there will be more stress and anxiety, but I know that Jesus will take care of me and all that surrounds me. My heart knows the truth. Back to our new sermon series...it is on David...and we are going to be discussing it in our small groups as well. I am pretty excited...no, I am very excited.
Let me share my heart for a moment...I have changed my major back to Psychology:Christian Counseling...and I am pumped. Class officially starts back tomorrow, and I have already started reading. I know this is what the Lord wants me to study because I know I will either work in a church or school or some place where I can help point those who are hurting to the only Healer. I am excited, I am ready, I am honored.
okay...I am out of thoughts for the moment...actually, I am just really distracted...:)

No comments: