Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Early bird

At 3AM this morning I awoke and was filled with energy. I don't know about you, but until my alram goes off, I do not want to be awake...even to go to the bathroom. I treasure every ounce of sleep I get. Maybe I woke up so early because I went to bed really early...anway, I decided to move to the couch and see if I would fall back asleep there, but then I thought...yes, I can think that early...why don't I use this time to pray. For the next 30 minutes I prayed for family, for friends, and many other things...then I was REALLY awake...so, I did my devotions. What a sweet time meeting with Jesus so early this morning! I am a bit tired now...it is 6:20, but at the moment when I was praying and studying, I was filled with overflowing energy. If it wasn't dark outside, and if my dad approved, I would have gone for a run when I finished. I am normally an early bird, but this morning I was an extreme early bird. It makes me want to meet with Jesus every morning at that time, but to be completely honest, I know I will have MAJOR difficulty with that.
Here starts a new day. We all have a choice to make every morning when we get out of bed. Are we going to honor the Lord with our thoughts and actions, or are we going to be debbie downers and sulk in dumb stuff that happens? Whatever goes on today...if it is not all that fine and dandy...laugh it off. Praise the Lord for blonde moments, and stubbed toes...seriously it's funny...it may not be at the moment, but really...it is funny.
A quote a read in my Beth Moore bible study...and I won't get the words exact because I do not have it right here with me, but it goes a little something like this..."we may not be able to change the way we feel, but we can change the way we think, which will in turn change the way we feel." So, how are you thinking today? If you think negatively, trust me, your day is going to bite. Be like Peter Pan...think happy thoughts...and then you can fly!! :)

No comments: