Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Man.

Let me tell you about a man. This man is amazing. To me, he holds many of the same qualities that King David had. He is a man of tenderness and strength. He is strong in battle, and tender when not. In modern day terms...he is a hard worker and gets the job done all while fully relying on the Lord to get him thru. At home, when he is with his family, he is loving and kind. From jesting around with his children, loving on his grandbabies, and sitting snuggly beside his gorgeous wife on the couch...he is passionate and caring. He wants nothing but the best for his family. He is a giver. His time, his energy, his love, his kindness, his amazing ability to get things done...he will give and never expects anything in return. He loves Jesus with all his heart. His laughter is contagious. He is always a joy to be around even if you are just sitting. This man is a hero in many ways. He is a hero to his children. He walks life with them, encourages them, teaches them, loves them, disciplines them, and has deep and meaningful relationships with each one. He is a hero to his grandkids. Even though they are young, they know he is the man. He is the arms that will hold them when they are crying, the hand to hold when out and about, the snuggles he gives when it is cold, or just being silly. He is a husband that loves his wife. His relationship with her is strong, silly, crazy, loving, halarious...he and his wife are the perfect pair. There are so many ways to describe this man, but my favorite way to describe him is, Dad. This man that is ever so loving, caring, strong, tender, smart, good looking, funny, and just hands down amazing is MY dad. I not only speak for my family when I say this, but for those who know my dad...he is awesome. *He also makes one GREAT father in law (ask his son and daughter in law)...and happens to have a single daughter *cough*

Dad, you are truly one amazing man. I am honored to be your daughter. I am blessed to be your friend. We have had many fun adventures and memories, from NYC, Europe, you being my boss :), singing songs on the way to school, betting what the temperature will be when we get to the bridge, "wake up", bear hugs, squirly, watching our favorite tv shows together....and way too many more to name. I love you with all my heart. Thank you for being such a great example.You are a fearless leader, a loving husband, a tender father. You are amazing. You, my daddy, are the man.

No comments: