Friday, January 21, 2011

Crazy Love

Crazy Love. I am talking about a love that is so overwhelming, so life altering, that you just want to cry. That is the love I have for my Savior. Each day, as I dive into His Word, and as I strive to have a closer relationship with Him...I fall more in love. This is not just a simple kind of love. This is a crazy, go all out, cry in the middle of the mall, shout it to the roof tops kind of love. I am learning and growing everyday.
I am also reading through the book Crazy Love. In the second chapter, Francis Chan tells about a young girl whose desire was to really infest others lives for Jesus. She wanted to leave a legacy from her young life...a legacy that mattered. A legacy that honored Christ. As I read through the second chapter, I was brought to tears just thinking about how much time is wasted in life. We worry about money and the clothes on our back, when in Matthew 6, Jesus reminds us that the birds are provided for, what would make us think that He wouldn't provide for us? I call that a smack in the face. Hello people. We are wasting our time, our thoughts, and our energy on things that Christ will take care of for us. No, I am not saying quit your job...I am saying that even at your job, or whatever you do...show Christ. A friend of mine shared once that while working in a business, someone did him wrong and still got paid for her half...did he complain about it? No. Sure, it upset him, but he chose in the moment to represent Christ. Even though we have a particular job to do, we can show Christ in whatever we do. In 1 Corinthians 10:31 it says that whatever we eat, whatever we drink, and whatever we do, to do it all for the glory of God. Are we doing this? Are we glorifying God in all we do? As I type this, I am reflecting on my life...and things that I do...am I glorifying God in my life? Am I showing Christ in the work place? Am I showing Christ to my friends and my family?
This love that I have...this crazy love that I have for my Jesus...I just want to shout it out loud. I want to spread Jesus in everyone I see. I want everyone I come in contact with to become so infected with Jesus and to be filled with this crazy joy I have, and to have this continual song of praise in their hearts.
I have changed the words to Michael Buble's song Crazy Love a bit...this is a song that represents Jesus...
He can hear my heartbeat for a thousand miles, and the heavens open up everytime He smiles. And when I go to Him, that's where I belong, and I'm running to Him like a river strong. He gives me love love love love Crazy Love. He's got a fine sense of humor when I am feeling low down, and when I go to Him when the sun goes down, He takes away my troubles, He takes away my griefs, takes away my heartache, in the night like a theif. He gives me love love love love Crazy Love. Yes I need Him in the daytime, and I need Him in the night, I want to wrap my arms around Him and hug Him tight. He gives me love love love love Crazy Love.
I have so much love its awesome. My heart has grown.
Jesus...I am so in love with You.

No comments: