Monday, January 31, 2011

Hello Emotion

I know I have blogged about tearing up in Caribou before, but it happened AGAIN, today. As I was jumping onto facebook, I saw a status that caught my eye. Immediately, as if on cue, I began to tear up...tears of joy, tears of excitement, tears of sadness. You see, my younger brother got his packet today...his packet that will release him from the marine corp. I had happy tears of joy for him finally beginning to close this chapter and move on, excitement of what is ahead for him, and then sad tears because of having to say goodbye to the corp. I know that this is a good thing...I know that the Lord has great things in store for Adam...I am so happy for him. As I called him, tearfully, I could just hear the excitement in his voice...he is looking down the road. He knows that the next little bit is going to be busy, turing in gear, and signing papers, but he is ready for this door to close and to move forward. He shared many aspects of good news he has received today, and my heart is so full of all kinds of emotion for him. I am so thankful for Adam, for his willingness to serve our country, for his faithfulness, and just admire his constant strive to press on even when the times are tough. Even though he is my younger brother, I have always admired his strength. He is a rock...but he has the biggest heart.
Adam, I am so proud of you, so thankful for you, and I love you so very much. I look forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for your life, and all the amazing things you are going to do! You are amazing. You have been through so much, seen way too much, and yet, you are still Adam.
Okay...I need a tissue :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Adam truly is a hero.