Thursday, March 17, 2011

Whirlwind

That is what I am in. I am living in a whirlwind. Occasionally it is calm, and nothing is going on, but give it a little time and it picks right back up. This is not me complaining. I really and truly am enjoying this whirlwind I am riding through. I love the busyness and all the details it brings with it. What I have found that I least enjoy is the down time. When I have those spurts of not really doing anything, that idle time, the devil tries to get in and steal my joy. When I am busy and doing what I love and serving and just doing stuff, my mind is filled with nothing but love and Jesus, but the second I sit down with this idle time, all that stuff that was just consuming me starts to settle and the frustrations start to seep in. Have you ever heard that idle hands are the devils workshop? Well, in this case, it is my mind. I begin to over analyze, and think about things that I KNOW the Lord will take care of. It begins to infect my mind, and it is hard to get away from. Solution...don't be idle...ever? Well, I am going to have to say that is most likely not possible since we all need to have our couch time, but through talking with my Savior, and accountability, I know Jesus will help me patch those cracks so nothing but Him seeps in.
This whirlwind I am in...is amazing. It is where my heart is...and it is where I know the Lord wants me to be. I would say that at this point in my life, I am the happiest. Yes, there are somethings that I am struggling being happy with, but I am choosing joy. I am not going to let frustrations or insecurities or anything that is not of Jesus to get me out of my happy mode. I choose happiness.
I will end with a verse...a verse that is a reminder to me to give it all to Jesus..."Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you." 1 Peter 5:7 In whatever I face, I know He is there for me, He cares for me, and He loves me.
I choose Joy and Happiness in EVERYTHING I do! I want to be infected with that.

No comments: