Friday, August 13, 2010

Memory Lane...and then some

It is always fun and enjoyable to take a stroll down memory lane. I decided to go back and read my blog of what was happeneing around a year ago...back in September of 2009 was when I decided to take the leap and move out of my parents. I loved living at home, but I LOVE living by myself! I also joined a church, but never got plugged in...which is so incredibly sad, but the good news is I have found a church that I am so plugged into and just want to get even more plugged in!
OKay, I am so over memory lane...let's talk about this half marathon I am slaving over. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to run! I have been doing all my training on the tredmill...which I am fine with, but once you pass a certain amount of miles...8 being my number...the tredmill has just gotten boring. This afternoon I will quickly run my 5 miles on the tredmill, but tomorrow morning, Amber and I will put on as little, but modest clothing as possible and hit the sidewalks. We have a 9 miler to pull outta ourselves tomorrow, but I know we can do it. We have already chatted about where we will have our water stops and the time we are pushing for. Just a few more weeks until race day, and I am getting pumped! We will do our weekend long runs together, and our short 5 mile runs on our own. I can say 5 miles is a short run because after you run 8, you live for only 5.
Fall is right around the corner...what I look most forward to is the cooler weather, my coffee addiction steps up a notch, college football, high school soccer, and my most favorite thing is sweatshirts and jeans...and now that I have a cute chair on my deck...naps on the deck wrapped up in my quilt that my Granny so beautifully made for me!!!
64 days till NYC!!!!!

No comments: