Monday, August 9, 2010

What a weekend...

Wow. Talk about an extremely fun weekend! Met a new friend, watched some baseball, lost some money, met more new friends, ran 8 miles, went out on the lake, bonfire, church, lunch with friends, and small group cook out!! I had an adventuresome weekend...it was awesome(lowercase a)!!!
The sermon at church was off the chain yesterday! There was a guest speaker, whose name I cannot remember, but his initials are J.J. Anyway, wow. The Lord really used him to speak to all the Summiters!
I am having some issues at work this morning. As I was throwing the football last night, when I caught it, it hit a couple of my fingers strangely, and now I have 2 swollen and very sore fingers. Oh well, I had fun, so that trumps the issues...plus, no pain, no gain...although that statement doesn't really apply to this current situation, it is still my favorite situation.
An update on the running. I felt like an old lady. My joints, my bones, my head...everything was sooo sore while I was running my 8. It was painful...but, no pain no gain. I got through it and I am looking forward to my 2 5 milers and my 9 miler this weekend. Just a few more weeks and a will have finally completed my 1st half marathon!! Woohoo!!!
I am looking forward to my afternoon...I will be plopped at Starbucks having devo time!!

No comments: