Sunday, December 20, 2009

And finally...a new post!

So, a lot has been happening since I last blogged. I have completed a semester of online classes...yay!!! I am so thankful that I am able to take classes, work, and do many other things! I love having deadlines! It is a good push for me!! Work is going dandy! I am getting the hang of all the payroll stuff...yes, there have been some mishaps, but I am looking at them as learning experiences so that I do not do it again...thankfully, they are only minor mishaps! :)
This may sound kind of corny, but as I was watching the movie Evan Almighty the other night, God(played by Morgan Freeman) really spoke to me. No, Morgan Freeman was not the one who spoke to me, it was the Lord thru Morgan...hah. Okay...so he makes the comment to Evan's wife that you may pray and ask God for courage, but He is just not going to give you courage, He is going to put you in a position where you need to be courageous...or, you may ask God for patience, but He is not going to give you patience, He is going to put you in a position where you need to have patience...WOW! Right after he said that I knew it was really the Lord saying, "Hello, Ashley...you need to be courageous...I put this in front of you, but you have to work for it...I am not just going to give it to you." Okay, I got the point...I am being courageous and having patience...working on both, but doing pretty well!!! Was that corny enough for ya?!? Hah!
My sister has really gotten me into big earrings...I LOVE them! I need to go find some good deals so that I can have more!!
The most amazing thing that I have discovered is coffee by Archer Farms. They only sell it at Target...Amber and I were on a coffee run when I discovered Coconut Macaroon, Buttery Carmel, and Chocolate Peppermint coffees....YUM!!!!! Another favorite is Peppermint by Millstone! Let's just say that a cup of one of those with a spritz of ready whip on top is AHHHMAZING!!!! And since I have been eating Low Carb to shed some lbs, coffee and ready whip is a great dessert for me!!!!
Unfortunately, we did not get any snow. We were tempted with some BIG snow flakes and some ice, but other than that, Raleigh got NOTHING!!! My Granny called to rub in her 5 inches!!! No fair!
I am sooo excited that it is almost Christmas!!! This will most likely be a slow work week...only 3 days and then off for Christmas Eve and Day!!! YAY!!! I am looking forward to our family all spending the night at my parents on Christmas Eve and wearing Christmasy pj's and making gingerbread houses!! It is going to be sooo much fun with all the kids...when I say kids, I mean Will, Lilly, Ava, Bailey, Ashley, and Adam...haha. Yes, Adam and I are still kids!! lol
Well I am heading out the door to church...until next time...who knows how long that will be. Peace!

No comments: